STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We Believe in the triune God manifested in three persons of the Trinity, The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- We Belive in the verbal inspiration of the Bible and the inerrancy of the Scripture. We use the King James Version of the Bible in our Presentations.
- We believe in the deity, virgin birth, and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We believe the biblical account of creation, the fall of man, and the universal, total depravity of mankind.
- We believe that true salvation is by grace through faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ. All the Redeemed of the Lord are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation, and are therefore secure in Christ.
- We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell. Heaven is where believers will enjoy eternal life in the presence of God forever. Hell is a place of torment prepared for Satan and his demons, and a place of everlasting punishment for the unbeliever.
- We believe the church is a group of baptized believers covenanted together to spread the Gospel. The responsibility of each believer is to be a witness of Christ’s saving grace.
- We believe in the bodily, personal, visible, pretribulational return of Christ for the redeemed.
During my early teenage years I was invited to attend church with some of my friends. They were excited about a youth group at one of their fellowships. While I was there, there was singing and testimony of what Christ had done in their lives and I realized they had a joy and a love for God that I knew nothing about.
I began attending church and as heard the Bible preached the Holy Spirit began to convict me about my lost condition and sins in my life.
One Sunday evening as the preacher spoke about the love of God and how Jesus died, was buried and rose from the grave, the Holy Spirit helped me to see that all Jesus did was for me, to save my soul. I repented of my sins and asked Jesus to come into my heart. From that day forward I have never been the same.
I began to sing with the youth group and the songs had a new meaning. The message I heard began to teach me the need for a personal Bible study and prayer time with the Lord. My relationship with the Lord has gotten stronger and sweeter each day for when I am weak He is strong.
My goal in life is for others to see Jesus in me. In my actions, attitude, walk and conversation. Jesus said in John 12:32,"... if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." To lift up Jesus so that others can see what He has done for them, that they may come to know Him as their pesonal Saviour is my prayer.
I came to know the Lord at the age of sixteen during a revival service at Faith Baptist church. As the evangelist preached, the Holy Spirit stirred my heart and prompted me to ask the Lord into my life to save me.
After many years of church attendance, I began a serious study of my Bible that lead me to full assurance of my salvation and joy of that salvation. This experiance taught me that not only should people be won to the Lord, but that they also should be decipled in the Lord. After all, the Bible teaches us that we should "...'Be holy, for I am holy.' " I Peter 1:16. People should learn the wonderful truths in God's Word that affirm and reaffirm what He did for us and that because of what He did we are children of a Holy God.
My prayer is that our presentations will in some way clarify the message God has for both the lost and saved.
Chalk art is a unique ministry geared to presenting the Gospel in a visual and unforgettable way. Chalk art is a great tool to encourage Christians since it helps them remember God’s Word and use its message in their daily walk. It can also be effective in reaching people who have resisted the Gospel message.
The drawing is done during the sermon, illustrating the truths set forth in the Scriptures. The drawing is concluded with a light display featuring a black light to reveal the hidden picture.
The sermon will often be concluded with a song or key Scripture that summarizes the concept illustrated by the picture. Lynn uses sound tracks that relate to the picture at the close of the presentation.
An invitation which emphasizes personal accountability to God, is given at the conclusion of the presentation.
All drawings and music are willingly subjected to the local church’s approval. Lynn and Linda are willing to work with church musicians and pastors, which prefer no taped music be used in their services.
The purpose of Pictures and Praise is to serve and be a blessing to local independent Baptist churches and be a witness to others, not a hindrance to the ongoing work in the church community.
To schedule a meeting with the Pictures and Praise ministry at your church, write or call Lynn and Linda Potts at:
Pictures and Praise
79 CR 430
Paris, MS 38949
Chalk art is an effective tool in reaching others for Christ and can be used in special services such as:
- Bible conferences
- Mission conferences
- Christmas and Easter Programs
- Vacation Bible schools
- Camping Programs
- Any program where the chief aim is to reach the lost or encourage the believer.
The churches that are ministered to support Pictures and Praise ministry. Lynn and Linda ask that their travel expenses be met by the church and a love offering be taken for other expenses.